[Gluster-users] NFS availability

glusterzhxue glusterzhxue at 163.com
Thu Jan 31 03:28:04 UTC 2013

Hi all,
As is known to us all, gluster provides NFS mount. However, if the mount point fails, clients will lose connection to Gluster. While if we use gluster native client, this fail will have no effect on clients. For example:
mount -t glusterfs host1:/vol1  /mnt

If host1 goes down for some reason, client works still, it has no sense about the failure(suppose we have multiple gluster servers).  However, if we use the following:
mount -t nfs -o vers=3   host1:/vol1 /mnt

If host1 failed, client will lose connection to gluster servers.

Now, we want to use NFS way. Could anyone give us some suggestion to solve the issue?

Thanks

Zhenghua