[Gluster-users] Fw: performance evaluation of distributed storage systems

harry mangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Tue Jan 22 17:13:28 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:59:10 AM Jeff Darcy wrote:
> (7) The nature of the relationship between BTH and Compuverde needs to
> be more explicit.  Did it include configuration/tuning help?  Bug fixes?
>   Equipment loans or other material support?  If not, then it's just a
> matter of applying usual disclosure standards.  If so, then perhaps
> representatives from other projects (OpenStack as well) should have the
> same opportunity to make sure the results are representative of current
> best practices.

This might be partially addressed in:
<http://compuverde.com/about/history/>

There may be a conflict of interest that was not disclosed in the paper.

---
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, OIT, Rm 225 MSTB, UC Irvine
[m/c 2225] / 92697 Google Voice Multiplexer: (949) 478-4487
415 South Circle View Dr, Irvine, CA, 92697 [shipping]
MSTB Lat/Long: (33.642025,-117.844414) (paste into Google Maps)
---
"Something must be done. [X] is something. Therefore, we must do it."
Bruce Schneier, on American response to just about anything.