[Gluster-users] Meta

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw at ithnet.com
Tue Jan 22 15:02:11 UTC 2013

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:05:56 -0500
Whit Blauvelt <whit.gluster at transpect.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 08:37:03AM -0500, F. Ozbek wrote:
> [...]
> We've not only got freedom of speech. We've got freedom of guns. Still,
> walking into the meeting with your gun drawn will get you viewed as rude or
> worse. We're supposed to be data pros here, not cowboys. So, data please.
>
> Best,
> Whit

Whit, just for the sake of it.

Jeffs method of discussion is to lengthen every idea/opinion/fact to an
academical epos. This is why sometimes you simply don't have the time to
argue with him, especially if you are not paid but wasting your own spare time.
Additionally one very basic fact should be accepted. People are on different
levels of experience on this _user_ list.
Some have tested the software for years and experienced the lacks and dead
ends. Some don't. Quite some of the pro-arguers do not accept experiences as
long as you do not hard-proove them within a lenghty article starting by
definition of the alphabet used.
It is not really helpful to hit everyone writing two sentences with "data
please". Quite some data can be found if you really care.
But even the long pdf someone posted lately with comparison data has
significant lacks in presentation.
I would love to see some acceptance around the major problems the software has
currently, because without acceptance there is no way to true solution.
Again, the design is impressive, only the implementation does not keep up.
Don't trust my words, look for the comparisons and judge for yourself.

Stephan