[Gluster-users] Meta

F. Ozbek ozbek at gmx.com
Tue Jan 22 14:28:33 UTC 2013

On 01/22/2013 09:05 AM, Whit Blauvelt wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 08:37:03AM -0500, F. Ozbek wrote:
>
>> I am surprised at Jeff's responses. What happened to freedom of speech?
>> I can't say we tested 3 products and 2 failed and one passed our tests?
>
> In fairness, you didn't say you'd been testing for 3 months. And you still
> haven't said what the tests were. Jeff has suggested a range of tests where
> Moose should be expected to fail, and Gluster not. He has also mentioned
> areas where Gluster doesn't lead the pack. And he's posted something of his
> methods and results in various places. Facts do not insult. But opinions
> without facts can. It's not enough that you've got the facts hidden away
> somewhere. You should present the data along with the opinions. Without
> data, it's about you - whether we trust your reputation, of which you have
> none here. No offense. With data, it's not longer just about personalities.
>
> We've not only got freedom of speech. We've got freedom of guns. Still,
> walking into the meeting with your gun drawn will get you viewed as rude or
> worse. We're supposed to be data pros here, not cowboys. So, data please.
>
> Best,
> Whit

Whit,

I seems to me, when Jon asked for an alternative to glusterfs and I said to Jon you can look at
moosefs, I should be able to do that without 3 months of testing and data.

However, it just turns out that we have the data and the tests, so we will
post it here. I have this feeling that the moment we do, Jeff will start
attacking us but honestly it is not for the benefit of Jeff it is for the benefit
of other's looking for an alternative.

Best,
Fevzi