[Gluster-users] Meta

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Tue Jan 22 14:05:56 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 08:37:03AM -0500, F. Ozbek wrote:

> I am surprised at Jeff's responses. What happened to freedom of speech?
> I can't say we tested 3 products and 2 failed and one passed our tests?

In fairness, you didn't say you'd been testing for 3 months. And you still
haven't said what the tests were. Jeff has suggested a range of tests where
Moose should be expected to fail, and Gluster not. He has also mentioned
areas where Gluster doesn't lead the pack. And he's posted something of his
methods and results in various places. Facts do not insult. But opinions
without facts can. It's not enough that you've got the facts hidden away
somewhere. You should present the data along with the opinions. Without
data, it's about you - whether we trust your reputation, of which you have
none here. No offense. With data, it's not longer just about personalities.

We've not only got freedom of speech. We've got freedom of guns. Still,
walking into the meeting with your gun drawn will get you viewed as rude or
worse. We're supposed to be data pros here, not cowboys. So, data please.

Best,
Whit