[Gluster-users] GlusterFS performance

Nikita A Kardashin differentlocal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 13:53:59 UTC 2013

I know. But I think, each file written four times on speed of storage
(190MB/s, if network is not overloaded), and overall performance is remains
on usable level.

And on two same (by hardware) servers in replicated, not distributed mode
with scheme "2 bricks, 2 servers, 1x2 redundancy" I got about 100MB/s write
performance without any tuning (with default settings).

Why on 4 servers with 2x2 formula I got only 50MB/s with any tuning
settings? What speed I get in planned implementation - 9 servers in
distributed and replicated mode with 3x3 redundancy? 5Mb/s?

Maybe some system and/or gluster tweals can help me, or I going by wrong
way?
My use-case is simple - distributed, redundant shared storage for Openstack
cloud.
Initially we planing to use 9 servers in 3x3 scheme, in future - much more.

2013/2/27 Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com>

> On 02/27/2013 07:34 AM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
>

>> What are your volume settings? Have you adjusted the cache sizes?
>>

> Sorry.. I see your original post and the settings now.

With best regards,
differentlocal (www.differentlocal.ru | differentlocal at gmail.com),
System administrator.