[Gluster-users] Import data from brick

Brian Cipriano bcipriano at zerovfx.com
Wed Feb 13 15:14:30 UTC 2013

Hi -

I was just looking at this yesterday. I've done some basic testing and
this seems to be possible.

I think you're saying, you'd like to add a brick that was already
previously part of a gluster? Without losing the data that was on it,
and importing that data into the new gluster?

All you should have to do is remove the .glusterfs folder on that brick.
Doc on that here:

http://joejulian.name/blog/glusterfs-path-or-a-prefix-of-it-is-already-part-of-a-volume/

Then running add-brick as normal. It will take a few minutes depending
on how much data is on the brick, but gluster should see that data and
rebuild its metadata accordingly.

Again, I've only done BASIC testing, don't take my word for it.

- brian