[Gluster-users] GlusterFS vs Ceph and Hadoop

bernhard glomm bernhard.glomm at ecologic.eu
Mon Dec 30 14:19:18 UTC 2013

In addition I like to point out that:

- Glusterfs can leave your files in a whole piece. Call me old fashion, but for "normal" workload I like that
- ceph also needs an underlying filesystem too, so you will be left with fsck questions etc. too
- cephfs is, as of now, still not production ready and following the news this isn't the main focus right now.
So you either have to use rbd's (and what filesystem inside?) or you make you applications using RADOSGW.
So for my actual scenario (small amount of server, n sided replication as VM-image storage backend)
glusterfs seems the better approach to me (less administration effort, keep my files in one piece)
hth

Bernhard