[Gluster-users] KeepAlived NFS HA

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Thu Dec 19 15:00:55 UTC 2013

On 19.12.2013 14:46, Charles AMPEAU wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm really new to Gluster. And I'm trying to achieve NFS failover with
> :
>
> - Ubuntu 12.04
> - Gluster 3.4.1
> - KeepAlived
>
> My setup :
>
> [node gfs1] <> KeepAlived VIP <> [node gfs2]
>
> My clients mounts the Gluster share with NFS over the VIP.
>
> The setup is (or seems to be) running fine in a test setup.
>
> Would you advise to use this configuration in production ? Anything I
> forgot ?

Hi Charles,

It looks good to me. I use a similar setup in production and it works
okay-ish. I have made some more modifications though:
- I use another nic for exporting NFS
- I use VIPs on both servers and on the clients I use a RR A record for
the mount so I have some simple form of load balancing

HTH
Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro