[Gluster-users] qemu remote insecure connections

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Thu Dec 19 07:04:59 UTC 2013

On 12/16/2013 08:42 AM, Joe Topjian wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I apologize for the delayed reply.
>
> I've collected some logs and posted them here:
> https://gist.github.com/jtopjian/7981763
>
> I stopped the Gluster service on 192.168.1.11, moved /var/log/glusterfs
> to a backup, then started Gluster so that the log files were more succinct.
>
> I then used the qemu-img command as mentioned before as root, which was
> successful. Then I ran the command as libvirt-qemu and let the command
> hang for 2 minutes before I killed it.

I did not notice anything in the logs which refer to failures from a
gluster perspective. This is observed in the log file:

"[2013-12-16 02:58:16.078774] I
[client-handshake.c:1456:client_setvolume_cbk] 0-instances-client-1:
Connected to 192.168.1.12:49152, attached to remote volume
'/gluster/instances'."

It does look like a connection has been established but qemu-img is
blocked on something. Can you please start qemu-img with strace -f and
capture the output?

Bharata: Any additional things that we could try here?

Thanks,
Vijay