[Gluster-users] gfapi from non-root

Kelly Burkhart kelly.burkhart at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 20:49:28 UTC 2013

OK, I believe I solved it by doing this by 1. setting the volume property
allow-insecure with the following command:

gluster volume set gv0 server.allow-insecure on

and 2. editing the /usr/local/etc/glusterfs/glusterd.vol file and adding
the following line between 'volume-management' and 'end-volume':

    option rpc-auth-allow-insecure on

Is there some mechanism for setting glusterd.vol options without manually
editing a file on each host in the cluster?
If I add a new host to the cluster at a later point, will it slurp the
glusterd.vol file from one of the already established hosts?  Or do I have
to manage keeping this file identical on every host?

-K