[Gluster-users] Trying to start glusterd

Knut Moe kmoe66 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 18:19:24 UTC 2013

I have two Ubuntu servers set up, downloaded GlusterFS 3.4 and by all
accounts it seems to have installed properly using the apt-get install
command.

However, when I issue a glusterd start or glusterd status command I am
getting the following error:

ERROR: failed to create log file (/var/log/glusterfs/start.log) (Permission
denied).

Is there a way to determine if gluster is installed properly and also
troubleshoot the above?

If I issue sudo glusterd start or sudo glusterd status I am returned to the
prompt with no additional info.

Thx.