[Gluster-users] help with replace-brick migrate

Mariusz Sobisiak MSobisiak at ydp.pl
Wed Dec 18 09:07:00 UTC 2013

> Hello,

> I Have 2 servers in replication mode in production. The volume has 2.0Tb in use. [...]
> So, the status say "Migration complete", but has just 1.3Tb in the new server, and these 1.3Tb just in the .glusterfs folder.

What version of gluster? I found that version 3.4 have a big trouble with replace-brick.

> The glusterfs stoped the copy, and i didn't know what i do now, how can i solve this ?

There should be data in your /data directory

> I'm afraid of lose the data, and i don't have backup of them.

I had something similar on version 3.3.1 but I had data and directories but have differ between gluster old and migrated gluster because on migrated server I had a much less data because on old server was a lot orphan files in .glusterfs directory so that was unintended (each file in the .glusterfs directory should be hardlinked to the actual file).

Additionally I gave up commad replace-brick (too risky;)) and did that way: http://gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.4:_Brick_Restoration_-_Replace_Crashed_Server.

--
Mariusz