[Gluster-users] Project pre planning

Frank Kirschner frank at celebrate.de
Tue Dec 17 14:26:08 UTC 2013

Thanks Paul,

good to know.

Thanks,
Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Robert Marino [mailto:prmarino1 at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 3:21 PM
To: frank at celebrate.de
Cc: Gluster-users at gluster.org List
Subject: Re: [Gluster-users] Project pre planning

By the way if you can use the Gluster native fuse client instead of NFS
there is a performance penalty when you use NFS in Gluster.

Also I use keepalived to manage the VIP and to load balance the client
connections it works fairly well. The only down side is most of the how to
documents are ancient and no longer correct, this includes the examples that
come with it. The only reliable documentation is here
https://github.com/acassen/keepalived/blob/master/doc/keepalived.conf.SYNOPS
IS
.
The big difference between the old method and the more stable modern method
of configuring it is you no longer set an explicit master and backup node in
the VRRP config. Now you set both all both nodes to backup and you give them
different priority numbers so the hold a proper election this makes fail
over and recovery a lot smother. if you use the old method from the examples
and how to docs on the web you will run into issues and many of the features
like preempt delay wont work correctly.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 4:37 AM, Frank Kirschner <frank at celebrate.de> wrote:
> Thanks Nux,
>
> now I build up my first cluster for testing.
>
> best regards
> Frank

Samba.

http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/doc/Gluster_CTDB_setup.v1.