[Gluster-users] Gluster Community Weekly Meeting

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 05:12:46 UTC 2013

RE: meeting, sorry I couldn't make it, but I have some comments:

1) About the pre-packaged VM comment's. I've gotten Vagrant working on
Fedora. I'm using this to rapidly spin up and test GlusterFS.
https://ttboj.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/vagrant-on-fedora-with-libvirt/
In the coming week or so, I'll be publishing the Vagrant file for my
GlusterFS setup, but if you really want it now I can send you an early
version. This obviously integrates with Puppet-Gluster, but whether
you use that or not is optional. I think this is the best way to test
GlusterFS. If someone gives me hosting, I could publish "pre-built"
images very easily. Let me know what you think.

2) I never heard back from any action items from 2 weeks ago. I think
someone was going to connect me with a way to get access to some VM's
for testing stuff !

3) Hagarth:  RE: typos, I have at least one spell check patch against
3.4.1 I sent it to list before, but someone told me to enroll in the
jenkins thing, which wasn't worth it for a small patch. Let me know if
you want it.

4a) Someone mentioned documentation. Please feel free to merge in
https://github.com/purpleidea/puppet-gluster/blob/master/DOCUMENTATION.md
(markdown format). I have gone to great lengths to format this so that
it displays properly in github markdown, and standard (pandoc)
markdown. This way it works on github, and can also be rendered to a
pdf easily. Example:
https://github.com/purpleidea/puppet-gluster/raw/master/puppet-gluster-documentation.pdf
 You can use the file as a template!

4b) I think the documentation should be kept in the same repo as
GlusterFS. This way, when you submit a feature branch, it can also
come with documentation. Lots of people work this way. It helps you
get minimal docs there, and/or at least some example code or a few
sentences. Also, looking at the docs, you can see what commits came
with this

Thanks!

James