[Gluster-users] replace-brick failing - transport.address-family not specified

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Tue Dec 10 10:04:56 UTC 2013

On 12/10/2013 02:26 PM, Bernhard Glomm wrote:
> Am 10.12.2013 06:39:47, schrieb Vijay Bellur:
>
>     On 12/08/2013 07:06 PM, Nguyen Viet Cuong wrote:
>
>         Thanks for sharing.
>
>         Btw, I do believe that GlusterFS 3.2.x is much more stable than
>         3.4.x in
>         production.
>

>     This is quite contrary to what we have seen in the community. From a
>     development perspective too, we feel much better about 3.4.1. Are there
>     specific instances that worked well with 3.2.x which does not work fine
>     for you in 3.4.x?
>

> 987555 - is that fixed in 3.5?
>
> Or did it even make it into 3.4.2
>
> couldn't find a note on that.

Yes, this will be part of 3.4.2. Note that the original problem was due
to libvirt being rigid about the ports that it needs to use for
migrations. AFAIK this has been addressed in upstream libvirt as well.
Through this bug fix, glusterfs provides a mechanism where it can use a
separate range of ports for bricks. This configuration can be enabled to
work with other applications that do not adhere with guidelines laid out
by IANA.

Cheers,
Vijay