[Gluster-users] compatibility between 3.3 and 3.4

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 17:03:59 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We're playing around with new versions and uprading options. We currently
have a 2x2x2 stripped-distributed-replicated volume based on 3.3.0 and
we're planning to upgrade to 3.4 version.

We've tried upgrading fist the clients and we've tried with 3.4.0, 3.4.1
and 3.4.2qa2 but all of them caused the same error:

Failed to get stripe-size

So it seems as if 3.4 clients are not compatible to 3.3 volumes. Is this
assumtion right?

Is there any procedure to upgrade the gluster from 3.3 to 3.4 without
stopping the service?
Where are the compatibility limitations between these 2 versions?

Any hint or link to documentation would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Samuel.