[Gluster-users] Copy files from brick folders.

wkmail wkmail at bneit.com
Fri Dec 6 21:19:05 UTC 2013

I've googled this but didn't really see it addressed. Most posts discuss
cleaning up after a split brain, etc.

In a simple Replication setup, is there any problem with copying files
from one of the ACTIVE bricks directly rather than going through the
client mount.
Does it affect gluster specific locking/healing/writing if the file
involved is a large log file that may have data sent to it during the copy.

I understand that files should only be modified via the client mount,
but in a pure read situation such as a backup, keeping that traffic off
the mount network would be an advantage.

-bill