[Gluster-users] Gluster and OpenStack

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Thu Dec 5 21:03:50 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 08:19:04PM +0000, Nux! wrote:

> I don't understand what Rackspace has to do in all this. AFAIK Cinder does
> support Gluster.
> http://www.gluster.org/category/glusterfs-openstack-cinder/

Rackspace Private Cloud is where they rent the dedicated hardware to the
customer with OpenStack installed. Rackspace handles the OpenStack
installation. Rackspace is responsible for maintaining the hardware and
OpenStack. The customer is responsible for all aspects of the VMs.

Since Rackspace has deep OpenStack expertise, and we don't, this makes
sense. But Gluster, from Rackspace's perspective, suffers from "not invented
here." So my question is whether despite all this we might wedge it into the
stack - or overlay it on top - without screwing things up with all the parts
with very much want Rackspace to be responsible for.

Make sense?

Best,
Whit