[Gluster-users] Gluster and OpenStack

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Thu Dec 5 20:07:10 UTC 2013

Hi,

A firm I work with is seriously considering Rackspace's Private Cloud, which
is OpenStack, but Rackspace does not support Gluster, despite reports
elsewhere that Gluster, with IBM's and Red Hat's recent contributions, does
integrate well with OpenStack.

The VMs in this case don't require fast disks, but do require as much HA as
we can implement. That's somethihg that in other contexts I've achieved with
DRBD, but going forward it looks like Gluster will at some date be the
easier, better way to do that.

Has anyone using Rackspace managed to shoehorn Gluster in depsite the lack
of support from them? Or are there other ways within Rackspace's OpenStack
variant to achieve a roughly-equivalent solution without Gluster?

Thanks,

Whit