[Gluster-users] Ubuntu GlusterFS in Production

Josh Boon gluster at joshboon.com
Thu Dec 5 19:07:00 UTC 2013

We're using it in production too. We're on KVM 1.6, gluster 3.4.1 running on Ubuntu 13.04.  No problems but do be aware that you'll want fast links if you actually want to saturate your disk bandwidth. We've bonded 10gbps links and we still saturate those before we fully utilize our IO. I've not tested NFS specifically but performance is something you're looking for I'd strongly suggest gfapi which gets us near 400MBps writes in a replica 2 config across the above mentioned interfaces.  You'll have to do some work on the KVM sources for gfapi though as it's not even made it into the debian unstable packages.

Best,
Josh