[Gluster-users] Switch from rdma to tcp (ipoib)

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Tue Dec 3 17:53:56 UTC 2013

On 12/03/2013 12:25 PM, tegner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Have a small gluster system (4 nodes), which was specified to use rdma.
> I would like to have it only use tcp instead. Is there a preferred way
> of doing this? Either by some kind of reconfigure, or, by reinstalling
> gluster, BUT while still retainig the files on the bricks and then
> "reload" them into the updated gluster (no rdma) - is this possible?

1. Stop and delete the rdma volume. Deletion of a volume just removes
the configuration information - bricks and data therein would remain intact.

2. Create a new volume with the same bricks. Before that, you will need
to clear extended attributes on the brick directories as Joe mentions here:

http://joejulian.name/blog/glusterfs-path-or-a-prefix-of-it-is-already-part-of-a-volume/

-Vijay