[Gluster-users] Use of xfs_fsr

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning at lanning.cc
Fri Aug 30 19:40:12 UTC 2013

On 08/29/13 10:50, Tobias Reinhard wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to defrag the XFS partition on which my glusterfs brick is.
> Normally no program cares about xfs_fsr.
>
> Just to make sure: is it "safe" to run xfs_fsr on a glusterfs brick
> while everything is online or does any part of glusterfs gets confused?
>
> I have a two node replicated volume (if that is relevant) running
> glusterfs 3.4

The GlusterFS server is all userspace. So, as long as you are not taking
the underlying (XFS) filesystem offline, it won't care one bit.

Though you might see a performance hit for anything doing I/O to the
filesystem in question.

Do you run your filesystems near full capacity? (wondering why you need
a defrag.)

--
Mr. Flibble
King of the Potato People