[Gluster-users] Fwd: FileSize changing in GlusterNodes

Anand Avati anand.avati at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 16:34:53 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 11:23 PM, Vijay Bellur <vbellur at redhat.com> wrote:

> File size as reported on the mount point and the bricks can vary because
> of this code snippet in iatt_from_stat():
>
>         {
>                 uint64_t maxblocks;
>
>                 maxblocks = (iatt->ia_size + 511) / 512;
>
>                 if (iatt->ia_blocks > maxblocks)
>                         iatt->ia_blocks = maxblocks;
>         }
>

> This snippet was brought in to improve accounting behaviour for quota that
> would fail with disk file systems that perform speculative pre-allocation.
>
> If this aides only specific use cases, I think we should make the
> behaviour configurable.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -Vijay

This is very unlikely the problem. st_blocks field values do not influence
md5sum behavior in any way. The file size (st_size) would, but both du -k
and the above code snipped only deal with st_blocks.

Bobby, it would help if you can identify the mismatching file and inspect
and see what is the difference between the two files?

Avati