[Gluster-users] GlusterFS procedures in case of failures?

Joel Young jdy at cryregarder.com
Wed Aug 21 17:49:15 UTC 2013

It would be helpful if there was a guide for these types of things.
There is lots of information on setup but little on day to day
maintenance.

For example, what do I do if:
1.  A node in the cluster must be rebooted and I am running
    a. distributed
    b. distributed / replicated
2.  What do I do if all the nodes need to be rebooted? Should I repeat
step 1 in serial for all the missing nodes?

For a distributed filesystem, it would be really nice if any
operations on files on a missing node would block until the node
re-appeared.  Then I could reboot a node and just slow my clients
down.

Thanks,

Joel