[Gluster-users] If i will upload file on one peer

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Thu Aug 15 04:25:38 UTC 2013

One word of advice when using rsync to a client, use "--inplace".

rsync creates temporary filenames and then renames them to the target.
This creates files on the distribute subvolume that the temporary
filename hashes out to. This causes an inefficiency as once the file is
renamed, all lookups may go to the wrong distribute subvolume first
before being redirected to the correct subvolume.