[Gluster-users] "Incorrect brick" errors

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Thu Aug 8 02:31:24 UTC 2013

I never did manage to figure this out.
All attempts to replace-brick failed inexplicably; we could add-brick
but then still not remove-brick the old one, and the new bricks didn't
seem to be functioning properly anyway.

Eventually we just sucked it up and caused a couple of hours of downtime
across all production servers while we brought up a whole new gluster
cluster and moved everything to it.

That's been the final straw for us though -- we're going to ditch
Gluster across the company as soon as possible. It's too risky to keep
using it.
It's been unreliable and unpredictable, and if anything version 3.3 has
been worse than 3.2 for bugs. (And I have no faith at all that 3.4 is an
improvement)

-Toby