[Gluster-users] peer status rejected (connected)

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Tue Aug 6 11:02:26 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

After searching around some more, I saw that this issue is usually caused by two peers joining, when one has a very out of date volume list.
And indeed, in the log files I see messages about checksums failing to agree on volumes being exchanged.

The odd thing is, this is a fresh server, running the same version of glusterfs.
I tried stopping the services entirely, rm -rf /var/lib/glusterfs/*, and then started up again and tried probing that peer -- and received the same Rejection.
I'm confused as to how it could possibly be getting a different volume checksum, when it didn't even have its own copy.

Does the community have any suggestions about resolving this?

See also, inability to remove or replace bricks in separate message - which might be related, although the errors occur even if run on the cluster without this problematic peer attached at all.

-Toby