[Gluster-users] No active sinks for performing self-heal on file

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Mon Aug 5 09:38:35 UTC 2013

With only one sever reboot it should not lead to this issue. Will it be possible to send the logs so that I can root cause the issue. What is the version of glusterfs?
Are you sure the file is not in active use at the time of getfattr command execution?

Check md5sums of the files on both the bricks when no operations are in progress on the file. If they are same we can erase these changelog xattrs and things should be back to normal.
If md5sums are different then one needs to figure out which files are more recent and edit the xattrs so that it is healed in the right direction. I can help you with this on IRC. my nick on irc is pranithk.
I will be online in 30 minutes.

But It is still not clear how the files ended up in this situation. How many files are in this status. Logs would be helpful.

Pranith.