[Gluster-users] Where is glusterfs Q&A forum?

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Fri Aug 2 14:47:10 UTC 2013

On 08/02/2013 07:29 PM, M S Vishwanath Bhat wrote:
> On 02/08/13 19:21, John Mark Walker wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Gowrishankar Rajaiyan <gsr at redhat.com
>> <mailto:gsr at redhat.com>> wrote:
>>

>>     Something like http://ask.gluster.org would be great. We have one
>>     similar for openstack ref: https://ask.openstack.org
>>

>> Agreed. I've looked at that, as well as discourse -
>> http://meta.discourse.org/
>>
>> And HyperKitty, which is a web-based interface for Mailman 3:
>> http://lists-dev.cloud.fedoraproject.org/hyperkitty
>>
>> I've CC'd gluster-infra in the hopes that we can revive this discussion.
> I remember we having something similar to quora. Even that would be good.
>
> -MS

I like support forums in  launchpad.net. it is nicely integrated with
emails. For example, if I am subscribed to a project/component to answer
questions for that project, then I will get emails for the queries
raised on that project. I can reply the email with a answer and the web
interface will also gets updated with the answer. I can also go to the
web interface and reply a question. We can change the component/project
if somebody thinks the question is applicable to some other
project/component and people who have subscribed for that
project/component will be notified via emails.

The above suggestions might be having these features already  which I am
not sure of. But having integration with emails and support Q&A website
makes it easier and saves a good amount of time.

-Lala