[Gluster-users] Files losing permissions

Maik Kulbe info at linux-web-development.de
Fri Aug 2 11:54:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've just had a problem removing a directory with test files. I had an inaccessible folder which I could neither delete nor read on the client(both NFS and FUSE client). On the backend, the folder had completely 0'd permissions and the files showed the 0'd permissions with the sticky bit. I can't remove the folder on the client(it fails with 'directory not empty') but if I delete the empty files on the backend, it's gone. Is there any explanation for this?

I also found that this only happens, if I remove the folder recursivly over NFS. When I remove the files in the folder first there are no 0-size files on the backend and I can delete the directory with rmdir without any problem.