[Gluster-users] Low (<0.2ms) latency reads, is it possible at all?

Willem gwillem at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 12:41:52 UTC 2013

Meanwhile, I have made a csync2 test setup and I must say, I'm positively
surprised by its performance. It keeps a local meta database (in SQLlite)
of file checksums. Deleting and adding files works fine. Automatic conflict
resolution works also acceptably well (in my setup: younger files
win). Synchronization check of 180K files takes 10 seconds. Which could be
further optimized by inotify hooks (lsyncd) which requires only
partial synchronization.

Still, I'd prefer the beauty of an integrated Gluster setup. My dream
scenario is that Gluster would cooperate well with the kernel FSCache so
that all small I/O requests could be served from memory. At the moment -
AFAIK - this only works for the NFS client and then again only for a subset
of I/O functions (which is understandable from a consistency perspective).

Thanks!
//Willem