[Gluster-users] Can't get gluster to mount on boot

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Tue Apr 16 13:10:24 UTC 2013

On 12 Mar 2013, at 19:14, Marcus Bointon <marcus at synchromedia.co.uk> wrote:

> This list suggested using autofs, so I've been trying that, with no success. I've created a /etc/auto.nfs file containing this:
>
> /var/lib/sitedata/aegir -fstype=nfs,vers=3,hard,noexec,nosuid,nodev,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime,mountproto=tcp 127.0.0.1:/shared
>
> and referred to it from /etc/auto.master, and commented out the '+auto.master' line, as suggested on docs I found (it doesn't work work either way). autofs does do *something* here, but it appears to completely ignore NFS and instead creates and rebinds /shared locally at /var/lib/sitedata/aegir. I've tried with a minimal options list (just -fstype=nfs,mountproto=tcp) but it doesn't help.

I've set up autofs on a separate server that has no gluster components installed and mounts the volume via nfs (exactly as I want my gluster nodes to do), and I'm happy to report it works perfectly. The only difference between the configs is the ip that the NFS mount points at (remote vs 127.0.0.1). My suspicion is that the NFS client is seeing the 127.0.0.1 address and thinking it can use a local bind instead of actually going over NFS, and is thus failing. How can I force the NFS client go via the network? Or do you think the problem is elsewhere?

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK info at hand CRM solutions