[Gluster-users] Performance for KVM images (qcow)

Eyal Marantenboim eyal at theserverteam.com
Mon Apr 8 14:11:10 UTC 2013

Hi,

We have a set of 4 gluster nodes, all in replicated (design?)

We use it to store our qcow2 images for kvm. These images have a variable
IO, though most of them are for reading only.

I tried to find some documentation re. performance optimization, but it's
either unclear to me, or I couldn't find much.. so I'd copied from the
internet and tried to adjust the config to our needs, but I'm sure it's not
optimized.

We're using 3.3.1 on top of XFS.

The qcow images are about 30GB (a couple of 100GB).

Can someone please tell what would be the best paramenter for performance
to look at?

here is volume info:

Volume Name: images

Type: Replicate

Volume ID:

Number of Bricks: 1 x 4 = 4

Transport-type: tcp

Bricks:

Brick1: vmhost2:/exports/1

Brick2: vmhost3:/exports/1

Brick3: vmhost5:/exports/1

Brick4: vmhost6:/exports/1

Options Reconfigured:

performance.cache-max-file-size: 1GB

nfs.disable: on

performance.cache-size: 4GB

performance.cache-refresh-timeout: 1

performance.write-behind-window-size: 2MB

performance.read-ahead: on

performance.write-behind: on

performance.io-cache: on

performance.stat-prefetch: on