[Gluster-users] cannot create a new volume with a brick that used to be part of a deleted volume?

Doug Hunley doug.hunley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 14:02:26 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Anand Avati <anand.avati at gmail.com> wrote:
> There have been far too many instances where users delete a volume, but fail
> to understand that those brick directories still contain their data

I think this is kinda the point though. Why would the user expect the
brick to still contain their data? They just issued a 'delete' command
(granted, it's a delete volume, not delete brick). What's an example
scenario where I would actually *want* the brick to be maintained when
I add it to a new volume?

--
Douglas J Hunley (doug.hunley at gmail.com)
Twitter: @hunleyd                                               Web: