[Gluster-users] 3.3 Quota Problems

Ling Ho ling at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Sep 10 22:01:35 UTC 2012

I am trying to use directory quota in our environment and face two problems:

1. When new quota is set on a directory, it doesn't take effect until
the volume is remounted on the client. This is a major inconvenience.

2. If I add a new quota, quota stops working on the client.

This is how to reproduce problem #2.

I have these directories under my volume ana03:

ling
ling/testdir

# gluster volume quota ana03 limit-usage /ling 20GB

I could write into the directory "ling" till it is over 20GB and it
gives me a Disk quota exceeded error.

However, if I then set quota for "ling/testdir", without remonting the
volume on the client

# gluster volume quota ana03 limit-usage /ling/testdir 2GB

Not only I can write more than 2GB under "ling/testdir", I could now
write more than 20GB under "ling".

Remounting the volume on the client fixes everything.

I am using glusterfs-3.3.0-1 on both the client and server. The server
is running RHEL6.3, and client running RHEL5.8.

Any idea about these problem, and if there is a fix?

Thanks.
ling