[Gluster-users] Feature Request, Console Manger: Command History

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Thu Sep 6 10:26:19 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 08:53:27PM -0700, Eric wrote:
>    I compiled Gluster by following the very simple directions that were
>    provided in ./INSTALL:
>    1. ./configure
>    2. make
>    3. make install
>    FWIW: There doesn't appear to be anything in the Makefile about
>    readline.

$ grep readline configure.ac
AC_CHECK_LIB([readline -lcurses],[readline],[RLLIBS="-lreadline -lcurses"])
AC_CHECK_LIB([readline -ltermcap],[readline],[RLLIBS="-lreadline -ltermcap"])
AC_CHECK_LIB([readline -lncurses],[readline],[RLLIBS="-lreadline -lncurses"])
   AC_DEFINE(HAVE_READLINE, 1, [readline enabled CLI])
echo "readline           : $BUILD_READLINE"

That is: the readline library is detected, and the output of ./configure
should have reported whether readline was found or not.

$ grep readline glusterfs.spec.in
BuildRequires: ncurses-devel readline-devel openssl-devel
- Add readline and libtermcap dependencies
- Update to support readline

That is: when you build an RPM package, readline-devel is automatically
required as a build-time dependency (was added Tue Jul 19 2011)