[Gluster-users] Feature Request, Console Manger: Command History

John Jolet jjolet at drillinginfo.com
Thu Sep 6 02:23:49 UTC 2012

I hate it that there's no buffer.
I usually do gluster commands at the command line instead of interactively.  Use the bash buffer that way

Sent from my PANTECH Element™ on AT&T

Jules Wang <lancelotds at 163.com> wrote:

hi, Eric:
    You may find this thread useful:  http://gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2012-August/011207.html

Best Regards.
Jules Wang.
At 2012-09-06 08:13:25,Eric <epretorious at yahoo.com> wrote:
I've noticed that when interacting with the Gluster Console Manager...

 * Commands are quite lengthy most of the time.
 * Some commands (e.g., commands that check the status of an operation) get used over-and-over.

So, before I submit a feature request, I thought that I'd ask first if others might find the feature useful: Would other admin's also find it useful for the Console Manager to maintain a history buffer so that commands can be retrieved, edited, and/or re-used?

Eric Pretorious
Truckee, CA