[Gluster-users] Ran into a problem replacing a failed unit

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Tue Sep 4 23:20:43 UTC 2012

Have a server that died, and dropping in a new server to replace it.
Same name/IP address (hard requirement, cannot be changed).

Everything is ready, but upon starting gluster, and peer probing the new
server, I can't do a replace-brick.  It tells me

    dv4-4-10g, is not a friend

Any clues on what to do?  This is 3.2.7 (cannot update to 3.3 for a
number of reasons).

Worst case, we could tear down gluster and rebuild the gluster file
system atop it, though this seems rather extreme.  But I'll have to do
that tonight if nothing else works (time constraints on the part of the
user).

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO