[Gluster-users] Offering a private backend Gluster volume to a public network.

John Mark Walker johnmark at redhat.com
Wed Oct 31 20:57:36 UTC 2012

Hi Matthew - did you get a response to this? Harry Mangalam from UC Irvine has been doing what sounds like similar things. I would be happy to put you guys in touch.

Also, I guess my main question is that I don't understand why or how getting "data from sequencers and other sources living on the public network /into/ the Gluster volume" is a problem. Are you saying that, as structured now, you can't get the data into GlusterFS? Or that you can but it's not performing well?

If your GlusterFS servers have gigE NICs on the public network, couldn't you just use the NFS server in GlusterFS? Wouldn't that also be available over the public network?

-JM