[Gluster-users] Object storage, API - questions

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Sat Oct 27 07:41:18 UTC 2012

On 26.10.2012 17:02, Nux! wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I noticed that the old Java-based web interface was obsoleted and you
> now recommend Ovirt's gluster interface. Is that the only option I
> have? Does the ovirt interface provide an API for gluster? Is there
> any other way to use an API?
> Also, gluster can do Object storage a la Amazon S3 or Openstack Swift
> from what I understand. How do I actually implement that kind of
> stuff? Can anyone give me some pointers or links to proper docs?
>
> Thanks :)

I got some answers last evening on IRC (thanks for that!), so I'll sum
them up here, for search engine users' sake:
1. The only GUI available now for Glusterfs management is the one
integrated in Ovirt. Same for API. So check out ovirt.org
2. Glusterfs devs maintain a forked version of Openstack Swift so this
can be used for Object storage. It's available at:
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/kkeithle/glusterfs/epel-6/

Nux!
www.nux.ro