[Gluster-users] GlusterFS failover with UCarp

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Mon Oct 22 17:11:43 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 06:48:42PM +0200, Runar Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>    The connection break behavior is to be expected - the TCP connection
>    doesn't handle the switch of host. I didn't expect the NFS client to go
>    stale.

I can't answer this directly but I did notice something in the 3.3.1 change
log which might be relevant:

<http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/GlusterFS_3.3.1>

  "nfs: make NFS filehandles deterministic

   The NFS3 file handles now includes just the bare minimum of
   (ident, exportid, gfid) and removes legacy 'variable' members
   which are unnecessary since the introduction of GFID backend"

If you're not on 3.3.1 already, it could be worth trying.

Regards,

Brian.