[Gluster-users] Avoid Split-brain and other stuff

John Mark Walker johnmark at redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 12:11:28 UTC 2012

I think now is a good time to mention the quorum enhancements going into 3.4. I believe we'll have a way to determine quorum and resolve split-brain even in replica 2 setups. This will be possible via the creation of an arbiter node, which isn't a separate server, and whose sole job will be to determine quorum and determine the direction for self-heal.

I'll leave it to the devs to comment on how much is implemented now and whether it's in the master branch.

-JM