[Gluster-users] Avoid Split-brain and other stuff

Martin Emrich martin.emrich at empolis.com
Fri Nov 16 09:33:44 UTC 2012

Hi!

For my use case (File server), that would be highly unlikely, and acceptable in rare cases.
Of course it would be a "No-Go" for computing applications or database storage.

> What you don't want is both nodes to be up, both reachable only by a subset
> of clients, and updates occurring on both.

Hmm, that's exactly what I want (Branch offices temporarily disconnected can continue to work), thus GlusterFS is probably not the right tool for me.

Ciao

Martin