[Gluster-users] Instructions for converting a distributed volume to a distributed-replicated?

Kushnir, Michael (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] michael.kushnir at nih.gov
Tue Nov 6 17:45:06 UTC 2012

Thanks for getting back to me guys.

I don't have an existing volume yet. This is a planned deployment. At first I will have one server with 8 bricks forming a distributed volume.

So, on server 1, I will have volume "gluster-ssd-vol" with bricks: 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, 6A, 7A, 8A.

Then (a week later) I will add server two and would like to convert to a distributed-replicated volume by adding  bricks: 1B, 2B, 3B, 4B, 5B, 6B, 7B, 8B.

So would "gluster volume add-brick gluster-ssd-vol replica 2 <1B> <2B> <3B> <4B> <5B> <6B> <7B> <8B>" result in a distributed-replicated volume with replica sets 1AB, 2AB, 3AB, etc...?

Thanks,
Michael