[Gluster-users] gluster volume set performance.io-thread-count N

Anand Avati anand.avati at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 17:09:53 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Bryan Whitehead <driver at megahappy.net> wrote:
> How long does it take for gluster volume set performance.io-thread-count 64
> (as an example) to propagate?
>
> I've noticed that it seems like mounted volumes don't get the performance
> boost until i restart glusterd on the boxes. Is this wrong? Should I just be
> more patient?
>
> (note: I'm using infiniband and raid-10; "set performance.io-thread-count
> 64" makes writes go from ~70MB/sec to ~200MB/sec).

the io-thread-count parameter is a configuration of the maximum number
of threads (not the fixed number of threads). The actual number of
threads scale up with the number of active (sys)calls in transit
(today logarithmically, but we're making it more effective, closer to
linear) with io-thread-count acting as a cap.

Thanks,
Avati