[Gluster-users] Switching clients to NFS

Justice London jlondon at lawinfo.com
Fri Jun 22 16:16:26 UTC 2012

I have both read specifically that people with small files basically
switched to NFS to solve small-file read issues and speed issues more
generally. It seems to me (from my own testing as well), that 3.3 is still
not working all that well with 'small files'. An image folder with about 20k
images in it takes about 20+ seconds to do an 'ls' on, and about three
seconds with NFS. It was enough of a speed difference on the front-end site
to make me change my thinking and start working on getting keepalived
working with gluster so that I can have a consistent NFS view.

Justice London