[Gluster-users] Documentation on recovering from split-brain situation

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Tue Jun 12 04:26:40 UTC 2012

On 07/06/12 14:34, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to find official documentation that describes the procedure
> for recovering from a split-brain situation with replicated volumes.
>
> I can find various posts on the mailing list that refer to the version
> 2.x series, but nothing good for 3.x.

So.... is there a recovery path, or is the only solution "restore from
backup"?

In my travels I came across this blog post:

http://saiweb.co.uk/linux/gluster-resolving-a-split-brain-in-a-replicated-setup/

Which worked in a test with 3.2.6, but.. actual instructions on the
gluster site would give much more confidence in ones ability to resolve
the problem, or what might have changed in 3.3.x

cheers,
Toby