[Gluster-users] Troubleshooting Unified Object and File Storage in 3.3

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 05:25:38 UTC 2012

On 06/07/2012 03:22 AM, Jason Brooks wrote:
> I've been testing on CentOS 6.2. The only command from the Admin guide
> I've run successfully has been: curl -v -H 'X-Storage-User: test:tester'
> -H 'X-Storage-Pass:testing' -k http://127.0.0.1:8080/auth/v1.0.
>
> I started out with a centos machine running gluster-swift, which I was
> connecting to a four node gluster cluster. It wasn't clear to me from
> the admin guide where I was supposed to mount my gluster volume,

You will need to mount the gluster volume at
/mnt/gluster-object/<account>. For the example in admin guide,
/mnt/gluster-object/AUTH_test needs to be the mountpoint for your
gluster volume.

> Is there a better source of docs than the admin guide? I'll be happy to
> help write this up once I get everything working.

The admin guide sources are in the glusterfs git repo now and has some
updates in release-3.3 branch since the last published version. You can
look that up and also contribute patches for that via gerrit.

> One more thing, the 3.3 admin guide talks about downloading the 3.2
> version of gluster-swift and gluster-swift-plugin -- I'd assumed that
> that was a typo, and I've been working with the packages from 3.3, but
> maybe I was wrong there -- are the 3.2 packages the right ones?

That certainly is a typo. Fixed in release-3.3 doc as part of:

http://review.gluster.com/#change,3498

Thanks,
Vijay