[Gluster-users] Striped replicated volumes in Gluster 3.3.0

Fernando Frediani (Qube) fernando.frediani at qubenet.net
Tue Jun 5 23:45:42 UTC 2012

John,

I just hope that 3.4 will be backwards compatible with 3.3 at least. Fortunately I wasn't affected by this non-compatible upgrade but I do think developers should really care about making next versions backwards compatible with previous versions. Sometimes it seems that people are more concerned on getting things out of the door rather then care about these details which might look secondary in favour of the "improvements".
I imagine how frustrating will be for people that have a big cluster running and are willing to upgrade to Verison 3.3 and they can't without some extra work and downtime.

Count with me for 3.4 development and that is my first contribution suggesting it to the plan.

Fernando